View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM
EMBFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by Skubajet View Post
What is the typical wait for someone on the 190 that bids over to the airbus once the bid comes out to start training on the bus? Specifically, if someone bids airbus for Oct bid and they are on the 190 now, how soon do u think they'd start AB training? Thanks.
That's a good question and only a select few seem to have the answers to this.

The official word from USAPA is that the company can give you as little as 5 days notice before you're training date (and that's 5 days from when the letter was mailed...yes we still mail stuff here).

What decides when you go to training is the availability of training on the airplane you're going to and how soon they can backfill the position you're leaving. If the Airbus is fairly well staffed and they're short on the 190 (which is the case now), they'll hold you on the 190 until they have people to take the slot you're leaving. They can hold you for up to 4 months (maybe 6).

The good news is, you will be getting the new pay rate on the day the bid is effective.

For example, I was awarded the 767 back in May on the August Bid. I'm still being held on the Airbus. I have no idea when I'll go to training. I start making 767 pay, though, on August 1.

So the long answer to a short question is I have no idea.