Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
UAL T38 Phlyer
Moderate Moderator

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Curator at Static Display
Default Ship Sets, EFB, Sabre, Phoenix, & SCEPTRE

Having been gone for quite a while, I am trying to resolve differences I've read in the last month regarding the above systems in the M-UAL fleet (M means “Merged” ).

1. Which fleets don't have ship-sets? Or, stated another way, which do not use EFBs yet, and must still lug around the arm-stretching torture bag that dates back to the “rack” of the middle ages?

If a fleet does not have it, when do they expect completion?

2. I did my “fuel-saving” training last week. The two flight-planning systems mentioned, if I recall correctly, (since the ULN doesn't let me go back to review them) were Sabre and Phoenix. It was stated that all fleets were going to Sabre, and only the 737 has Phoenix.

I wondered: “Why are the newest airplanes we are getting delivered with the FMC software that we are getting rid of?

So is only the 737 using Phoenix?

3. Howard's letter yesterday said that the 777 fleets are now harmonized for training, and only the implementation of an electronic logbook---SCEPTRE---stood in the way of fully integrating them.

What do the other fleets use? Is that also an impediment to merging the 76T and 756 fleets?

I also found it amusing that SCEPTRE seemed familiar: it is because SPECTRE is an evil super-villain organization and foe of James Bond.

(And our legacy Skynet was from Terminator).