View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM
typical41
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by samballs View Post
1. Training, vacation, etc are put on your schedule before bidding.
2. No open time = no trading
3. For every action you you input there is a reaction, say no in pbs and it declares nuclear war on you.
4. No open time = less reserves, less reserves = more JMS and extensions
5. It will and does stray from your bid
6. Vacation months can have close to min days off.
7. That should be enough to convince a no vote

#1 is very TRUE
#2 is true only to an extent. It will mean LESS trading flexibility for sure though.
#3 I don't really believe that to be true, from MY experiences with multiple PBS systems.
#4 Yes they need less RSV's, but I have actually experienced LESS JM and extensions with PBS vs. paper bidding. Again, those are MY experiences.
#5 PBS is a function of seniority. What you are saying, does happen, but only because a person is not bidding properly and/or as a function of their seniority
#6 is also true, unless you are very junior(junior pilots will not see a difference since they were getting close to min days off anyway). Your schedules as a more senior pilot will be WORSE than expected during vacation months. It is very dependent on how much credit and/or virtual credit is given for vacation time. If PBS is coming your way and there is nothing you can do to stop it, at least fight for 30 HRS credit (or virtual credit) for each week of vacation.