View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:12 AM
ManFlex
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: A320 Left

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
The current pay rates at Frontier are the industry worst, true. However, the current rates are bankruptcy concession pay rates. The pay rates snap back to higher rates next year, and then our contract is amendable the year after that.

The current pay rates at spirit are from a much newer contract than the one frontier is operating under. That's the whole point though. Contacts are always changing, so it's impossible to compare one airline to another in the long term. Today's best paying airline will not be tomorrow. With that said, airlines like frontier and spirit are not going to pay the same at UAL, DAL, and AA.

I was hired at frontier last year, into the old, low paying contract with bankruptcy concessions on top of that. In three years we could be at completely new pay rates, so in the long term, I'm not letting my low pay get under my skin.

Personally, I think we will get better than Spirit rates in our next contract, and I'll be happy with that.
We, at Spirit, will start negotiating our next contract in about one year from now. With record profitability, expect the Spirit pilots to make gains. And why shouldn't an A320 pilot at F9 or NK make the same as one at the legacies? I assert that NK pilots should and will.