View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Bzzt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by embraer View Post
I am firmly against PBS...but with that said it's not like trading for open time is useful right now.

I have nothing against those who pick up OT but it screws up trips in open time. They come along and scavenge the first and/or last turn of a trip. So now a 4 day trip that used to be worth 18+ hours is only worth 12 to 13 if you are lucky.

No way anybody can trade and lose all that time. A quick look at the trips in open time and you will see that trend. Add to that swaps & drops has been denying EVERYTHING for at least the past year.

The only chance of trip trading anything decent right now is during the TTOT window before all the OT heroes come along and pick apart trips.
Actually I do trade down from 18 to 12 hours because I refuse to spend the night before or the night after in base because I can't commute home.

Our biggest problem with PBS is that we have no language protecting us in our contract. We don't have a min value for a day, we don't have a trip or duty rig, etc. unless we get those things I am 100% a no vote for PBS.