Old 07-21-2014, 12:45 PM
syd111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: B-777 left

Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
That's what I figured.

Obviously an advanced flight planning system like Sabre is more effective the longer the flight and the more complex the airspace is, but there are also efficiencies in having one flight planning system for the entire airline and on domestic flights (i.e. Canadian overflight cost avoidance).

Hopefully, some of the issues like the simpler domestic version of Sabre and synching it with a common and improved howgozit will come once all fleets have been brought online. And now that the dispatchers have a contract I have a feeling they will be more focused on efficient flight plans.
The dispatchers don't actually send us the sabre flight plan as it has too many altitude changes that we can't really do while flying, polar sa, pacific or atlantic. It has the route and of course over fly costs savings which most could figure out on there own. But from what dispatch tells me they fine tune it because of altitude. I am not against sabre but to throw out figure like all the savings reminds me of every email I get from this company patting themselves on the back for savings.

Really don't belive the savings is as much as you were quoting, not anymore than I belive the special assignments folks that have been working on our ipads for 4 or 5 years.

But hey I do like the flight plan.