Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 AM
rightside02
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Airbus 320 Right Seat

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by rightside02

If the FA's had to do what we did to get to this point I would respect their position much more. I know personally many of them are great people etc, how ever not for one second do I forget that many of them came from Starbuck type jobs. Not ten plus years of training and being in the business . They have much less riding on this career then we do. They can make this same money doing many other easy jobs.

I have heard many stories of how the FA's have done their hiring arguing that one was cute and looked hot in his suite etc, don't know this to be true but if it is , than it's a joke and not getting any respect from me . I ll play the game be nice do my job and be professional and go home. Not for a second do I think we are on the same skill level. They chose a different path, plain and simple .

My 2
Cents

With regards to the topic I have met a few who I would feel could conduct a interview and do a fantastic job finding the right pilot candidate , that being said this is a very very very small percentage of those I could trust to do this.

If they had to do what you had to do to get here, they would be pilots, not Flight Attendants. I am married to a flight attendant. Have been for over 15 years, and have heard all the stories, and from that I can conclude the following: I could never be a flight attendant. I could not do what they do and put up with what they put up with on a daily basis. Second, while my wife has never flown anything bigger than 4 seats and one engine, she could pick out somebody who is good CA material very quickly. Not necessarily a good pilot, but a good CA. There is a distinct possibility that my wife is on the high end of the FA gene pool, but there are others out there almost as capable. Finally, most pilots that I know are more concerned with whether or not they can put up with getting a beer with the other guy on their 3 overnights together then that pilots ability to lead in a crisis. Looking at it logically, and understanding how difficult it can be to fire someone, I don't see why the input of an intelligent FA should not be used.

As it relates to pilots hiring FA's.... never mind. That is such an idiotic idea on so many levels.
I think is a great point as a FA hiring a person who can lead , versus hiring a pilot ..... Well written