Thread: Envoy Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 12:31 PM
theycallmered
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by embraer View Post
Things change rapidly in this environment. Some here at Envoy have been stuck on Reserve because we have been waiting for some news just as long.

Whenever movement starts up again-and it has already begun with the AA flowthroughs-Reserve/upgrade times will change.

Only a fool would consider an otherwise crappy Regional because maybe you will upgrade in 2 years...and maybe they will open a base you want. Ask around. Too many people have been burned in the past 12 years chasing upgrades and places like Great Lakes and other so called "bottom feeders".

Parker (AA CEO) has publically said he wants all flying done "in house" including Envoy. They are just posturing to see if they can get some concessions out of us...and in the mean time 20 aircraft to Compass buys them a little time.

Envoy most certainly HAS a future. It also most certainly has the base you want. Once you start chasing fictitious promises all over the Regional industry than you have lost before even beginning.
I did/still do want to work for Envoy. It seems like a reputable, stable company with plenty of work for the foreseeable future. I just want to make sure I'm making smart career moves. I try to gather what I can to make the right move but I feel like it's a big gamble.