Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

shiznit , 07-24-2014 12:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off
shiznit
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2009
  • Position
    right for a long, long time
Quote: What is the basis for your advice?
Just curious.
Quote: Exactly. So why make an inevitable outcome worse by ruining one's career?

I think you could've left the "ballsy" adjective out of your description. There's nothing "ballsy" about committing career-suicide by "signing up" for an Illegal Job Action under the RLA.

Good day.
Methinks you missed my point... I think it's a stupid idea to withhold services to "send a message that we are underpaid" by claiming a sick call as the cover. IIRC, American (and maybe United also) pilots got in legal trouble over "protest" sick calls. Performing job actions outside of self help are a risky move given the way the courts have handed down anti-labor rulings under the RLA in the last 15-20 years. Bad idea all the way around. The only way is to resign or get hired where you will be compensated accordingly, not by abuse of sick leave language.

Between the big 3, they plan on hiring nearly 3500 pilots in the next 18 months....equivalent to the entire pilot groups at Republic and Compass just disappearing.

In 3-5 years it will equal or eclipse that to the tune of another 5000-7000 again and that's not even including JB, SWA, FDX, NK, UPS, or ALK.

The problem will fix itself soon because the pipline is empty due to the short-term MBA outsourcing paradigm. Main line pilots need to hold the line and continue to shrink the bottom end (and top end but different discussion) outsourcing as opportunities present themselves.

I have a mental picture that we will be seeing the return of the DC9/727 routes on 717/M88's doing ATL-SHV-MLU-SHV-ATL, ATL-BHM-JAN-BHM-ATL, etc. in the near future as the passenger demand for those cities is stable but the separate lift capability due to no pilots to fly the block hours on a separate leg.

But hey, if I could read the future I wouldn't be hanging out on the internet with you clowns!