Thread: Checkride done
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 07:36 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Default Checkride done

Well today did my checkride and it was the closest thing to a monkey on a football I've ever seen. My examiner actually told me he hopes he gets to fly with me as an FO because it would be a blast lol.

Shortly after doing my airwork the trim broke. I thought it was something they did since we are in a sim and all. So I just said my memory items, did them, then asked him if it was cool to use the backup trim. He said sure. So I started flying using it. It's much more sensitive than the one on the yoke.

So after doing single engine work ect using that damn backup trim under your elbow I shot a hand flown single engine ILS and landed it. Then when they reset me I asked if I could get my trim back because my arm was killing me. He looked at me like a deer in headlights and said something along the lines of "You've got to be shi***ng me". So we went back and forth a bit on why I didn't say something to stop the checkride. I said because I thought it was something they did and they just kept saying "hell no!". So outside of that things went great. Good ride. I can't believe he just thought I was using the backup for the hell of it.

Anyway I don't know when I start IOE but this duck's about to start flying again on the next phase of life