Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 PM
fosters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

For those thinking about AWAC, don't believe what you read from bitter lifers. I called out sick on probation. Not a word. I called out sick for three 4-day trips in a row once, not a word. I wrote in CSS (our scheduling program) once to approve the swap request OR I WOULD CALL IN SICK...denied...called in sick no problem (this was fall 2013).

The company goes after their problem children and is vindictive in that regard. I don't blame them. Keep that in mind! Don't do anything "funny" and do your job and do your best to show up on time. No one will ever bother you, and your job will never be in jeopardy. Missed commutes aren't a big deal as long as you play by the rules. The training there is excellent and the instructors have a ton of knowledge. Don't worry about 2015, or 2017, or 2018, the company will either be around or it won't. Would I go there over Eagle, XJT, SkyWest, etc. Heck yes. Besides the top 50 or so most everyone is motivated to bail and bail they are, lots of movement and it will only get better. I was hired on there when they dropped 20% of their aircraft (146's) and shed 200+ pilots for that and I still upgraded in 30 months.