View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by BATOL View Post
Hi all! I'm admittedly an interloper here. I just wanted to please ask you not to throw DCI, specifically Endeavor under the bus anymore. I understand scope, I get it. But just leave it. Don't let dal expand it, but don't ask them to take it back either, at least not without codified real career progression for us down here on the bottom. We're all in this together. We have sacrificed extremely high (percentage) amounts for Dal's current profitability. As DAL retirements mount, without us to backfill, you guys may find yourselves perpetually understaffed just as we currently are, costing you QOL. We have pilots leaving in droves, many leaving the industry all together. After a free breakfast, there's nothing pilots like more than having pilots below them! It's time we all show some solidarity. We don't want to see mainline guys take any concessions because most of us hope to one day work under that contract, but now more than ever, we need you guys to help bat for our team a little bit to keep the pipeline flowing and lift all DAL boats!

Thanks for listening, please don't beat me up to bad 😜.

-your friendly 9e pilot.
Not sure what you're asking for here.

The best thing, by far, that DL can do is to reduce large RJ's at DCI and bring that flying back to mainline, either directly in the same equipment or indirectly through up-gauging. Simply "leaving it alone" does nothing for 9E or anyone else other than allow a larger fleet of ACMI RFP jets to be subjected to the lowest bidder. Even if DL doesn't "take them back" that doesn't mean they are yours. Ever. Even if they are currently under contract to your virtual airline. Especially if you are wholly owned.

DL will just float a new RFP for existing flying and there's always someone willing to "deal them an ace" to get it. Even if they can't staff it and will eventually face penalties, there will always be cut throat operators willing to underbid you to get the contract and worry about its compliance later.

Speaking of low bidders, PCL is one of (if not the) lowest bidders anyway. If they lose flying it will be because they can't staff what they have. There is no additional risk (beyond the day to day massive risk in that unstable and unsustainable sector) to 9E WRT DL taking back scope. We have to reduce DCI as well as make improvements to other areas of scope. Leaving hundreds and hundreds of large "RJ's" which are really DC-9-10's in the ACMI abyss helps no one.