View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by BATOL View Post
Hi all! I'm admittedly an interloper here. I just wanted to please ask you not to throw DCI, specifically Endeavor under the bus anymore. I understand scope, I get it. But just leave it. Don't let dal expand it, but don't ask them to take it back either, at least not without codified real career progression for us down here on the bottom. We're all in this together. We have sacrificed extremely high (percentage) amounts for Dal's current profitability. As DAL retirements mount, without us to backfill, you guys may find yourselves perpetually understaffed just as we currently are, costing you QOL. We have pilots leaving in droves, many leaving the industry all together. After a free breakfast, there's nothing pilots like more than having pilots below them! It's time we all show some solidarity. We don't want to see mainline guys take any concessions because most of us hope to one day work under that contract, but now more than ever, we need you guys to help bat for our team a little bit to keep the pipeline flowing and lift all DAL boats!

Thanks for listening, please don't beat me up to bad 😜.

-your friendly 9e pilot.

BATOL,

I can only speak for myself and a few others who I know feel the same way. Personally, I look to bring the flying BACK to mainline. EtD IMO isn't going to work to the degree that management needs/wants. If we, at the very least, hold the line management's options to staff DCI will continue to dwindle.

Recapturing the flying won't be easy. It will meet resistance from mainline pilots who feel we will have to sacrifice things in order to get it back. I think we have a golden opportunity. Only time will tell.