View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:15 PM
2dogrc
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2013

I hear alot of you talking about how Atlas has to "try and keep people", and "they are going to be in trouble when people leave". I kinda find that funny. In my past life, all the company wanted was for us to leave! The company doesn'tt want a Southwest type of seniority list where nearly everyone is at or near the top of the pay scale for their seat. You want the most junior seniority list possible. Yes I agree someone leaving after the first year is going to cost Atlas money. I know accounting knows exactly the break even point on a new hire, which I am sure no one on this forum knows. Having people leave doesn't necessarily hurt the company after a point. If they could keep all the FO's at the lower end of the payscale that is a good thing for them.

Simple math which is better:
100 FO's at 6-8 year pay or 100 FO's at 3-4 year pay.

Now back to the topic. I had a buddy going down for an interview first week of August in Miami. He did the computer test first, then got the phone interview. This took about 1 week from the time he got the invite. Just a heads up, they expect you to take the test pretty soon from receiving the invite, so stay frosty on your aviation knowledge!

Woof
PS. I am hoping for more people to leave, help my chances of getting out of Anchorage and into a base where I get some Ebola flying!