View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 07:12 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
Denny, Scambo, DAL88, and gzsg,

Great thoughts from the group, and it's significant that "more percentage" in the 401k isn't as big a thing to the group (not that we wouldn't still like it)since the rising rates and 415c limit is a factor for a number of captains (I'd like it to be a factor for FO's too!).

With higher rates that multiply onto W2's it will do the work needed like DAL88 says. Would a 16-18%? 401k count toward the goal of "rates" restoration in the future then or not? It is another way to hide it from other employee groups, yet like Denny says it is just another line of his taxable income once the 415c limit is reached that is part of our W2's.

My math says 18.25% above 2015 to equal 2004 rates (for 7ERB).

As a purely hypothetical example let's say we somehow do something similar to C12 (but in a better way!): 6.5% early/9.5% on amendable/ 4%/4% (with no PS change) and another 2% into the 401k... That is a combined raise on the amendable date of 18.95%, or does 401k play no role in the restoration for you?

(I'm not allowed to include any PS talk in the "restoration equation", thanks 80!)

Would that meet one of your thresholds gzsg? (We need other stuff fixed, but this discussion is about Section 3 and 26)
You are defiantly in the neighborhood. I don't want to sell the MEC short and aim too low. As many have pointed out we are now a wicked profitable oligopoly.

The date of signing hourly increases are key to success and well as leaving PS untouched. If we accomplish this we cannot lose.

Jerry