Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 AM
androidkmb
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Thumbs up World's Best First Class 2014 from Skytrax

The World Airline Awards took place at Farnborough International Airshow earlier this month. The results are quite accurate. However, I do believe that Emirates deserve a higher rank.

I would like to share my experience onboard Singapore Airlines' first class seats. To be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed by the service on the flight. I think Singapore Airlines’ First Class service has been played up so much that I had high expectations, and the crew had to deal with a full 12/12 Suites Class on this flight. Every time I tried to engage them in conversation, they respond with a couple sentences and would disappear. That isn’t to say they weren’t great compared to other airlines – every time I pushed the call button (which was at most 3 times maybe), I had someone within 5 seconds. It’s just I had better interactions with the crew on my subsequent Lufthansa and British Airways flights. Services were quite good but there were certainly room for improvement. Encountered crews ranging from good to excellent on these flights. Catering was mainly Book the Cook and very good (FRA food is never as good as most other ports). Choice of DOM or Krug and great wine selection. SQ are still close to perfect in first class.

Still, the hard product on this plane is fantastic. Since Suites is on the main deck, it gives a much roomier feel than similar A380 First products on the top deck (like Emirates).

The link below is a video showing the TOP 10 first class cabins in the world. There is a slideshow showing all the features of the seats and meals. I find Qatar Airways and All Nippon Airways' seats quite amazing. Have anyone been onboard any of these top airlines? Feel free to discuss about their services/ soft product/ hard products. I am happy to discuss with all of you and hope that we can have more insight on different airlines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7fsrTT0j8