View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Actually, I don't wear them very much because I tend to run a little hot, so I tend to roll them up anyway. There is nothing to "get". I find it really fascinating that there is this undertone of "toolishness" for about those that wear long sleeves. Those that have that attitude are childish. And I understand that some of you feel that we are nothing more than bus drivers, and in your opinion it is perfectly acceptable to act accordingly. It is funny that when the subject of compensation comes up, somehow we magically transform into irreplaceable gods. It's a package deal. Either you are a "professional" in all aspects of your working life, or you are not. If earbuds, colored hair and flaunting your disdain for the company required uniform is OK with you, then you shouldn't be surprised that you are not taken too seriously in other aspects of that working life. It's your choice. I really don't care.

/rant
Exhibit A ^^^. What look are you trying to give with the rolled up sleeves when you're "running hot"--The experienced, over worked bus driver, or the bus driver who's got his swag goin'?

We're labor. Labor wears uniforms. We have our names on our uniforms.

I don't think our look is really factored into how much our contribution toward the bottom line is worth.

It doesn't for these guys and they wear uniforms.

That being said, I wear my uniform with pride; no backpack over the shoulder, no shades on in the airport; a hat on my head that's in good condition, and my jacket buttoned for starters. Short sleeve shirt under the jacket because the flying public doesn't give a rat's @$$.

/silly conversation