cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
God, I hope you're not serious.
Gosh, I hope you're not serious.

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I have to admit as much as a I despise molesters, the evidence in this case seems awfully thin for a conviction and lengthy prison sentence.

Do I think the guy did it? Probably. But there's no actual objective evidence to say that the guy wasn't asleep and his hand just ended up there. The actual amount of groping involved is subjective to the victim.
Ding, ding, we have a winner. Rickair wins the APF critical thinking award of the day.

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
I agree. Despise molesters. But here is a guy apparently convicted in a he said she said case. I guess I'll refuse dhs next to teen girls if I can't get another seat going forward.
Yes. Imagine you sit next to some hot teenager and she all of a sudden wakes up screaming and your hand is on the rest, other people say it is near her legs. She acts like you are a jerk and switches seats, so you glare at her then fall asleep. Everybody is looking at you in the few rows. You walk off the plane, and are met by the cops. Then the lawsuits begin. You lose your job and start unemployment. Depression follows, and your lawyer advises you just to "accept" a minor punishment and hopes it will be a reasonable plea. But, the judge wants to "make you an example" because of people like the posts above.

This guy gets PRISON TIME and SEX OFFENDER registry??? Think of the children!

I can't count the times in back that I've had a half asleep middle aged woman's head start to rest on my shoulder, or hand on the legs/lap (and sometimes a dude!). Maybe I should sue her for sexual harassment!

We used to joke about this sort of stuff in a more reasonable era:

Those Aren't Pillows! - Planes, Trains & Automobiles (10/10) Movie CLIP (1987) HD - YouTube

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Every suspect is guilty, otherwise they wouldn't be suspects, would they?
Far, far too many people think in that fashion. It is very, very dangerous. Again, see above, and the link below.

Sex offender to millionaire: Texas man gets new life - CNN.com