Thread: Usaa
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 05:56 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

I was a member of USAA since 1993, the day I was commissioned I swapped my insurance to USAA. I quit months ago for a number of reasons.

1. Incompetent handling of jewelry rider. Took months to get paid, even after they claimed to have sent a check which was never really sent.

2. Customer service that has been going downhill for years. Level 1 service who can't answer simple questions about my policy which cost me hundreds of dollars due to double-insuring a rental vehicle. Even worse was getting a verbal agreement to fix this problem, and then being forced to badger them for >6 months to get paid.

3. Treating me like I was trying to commit insurance fraud when my son lowered a rental home's garage door on my truck. Really? I'm an effing Lt Col, not a meth head. I'm not going to commit insurance fraud for $700.

4. More expensive than the competition.

5. They mistakenly cancelled my home owners policy. I paid escrow for an entire year and when I got my statement at the end of the year there was a LOT more money in the account than expected. Turns out USAA issued my home owners policy the day I closed on the house, and cancelled it the next day without notice. I went an entire year on a $400k home with no effing insurance. YGBSM. This bit of incompetence was the straw that broke the camel's back. I now have All State and I pay about $1500 less per year for identical coverage minus windshield protection.