Thread: Alpa Fdx
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Falconjet View Post
JJ: There was nothing in Busboy's post that you quoted about any of that stuff. You must have a guilty conscience.

Its really not all that selfish to just want to keep your place in line without having the guys at the front with their prize come back, call cuts, and push you back another 5 years.

Thanks for your service and all, but you could lighten up on calling the guys in favor of the status quo selfish and greedy.

FJ
Whereas I agree with you about Busboy's post, when I read it, all those thoughts sprang forth. My response was not directed at him at all, but at all you guys who go on and on about how unfair it is, and about how you will suffer. The fact is that it is indeed a windfall for the senior guys, or the guys who have already turned 60, and for whatever reason, have decided to go to the back seat. I readily agree with that, and only wish my timing was a little better in that regard. However, what none of you bother to mention is that if this rule passes, you will each have 5 additional years with which to either continue to work, or, at your choice, retire. The real issue is that it's happening now, as opposed to when you're 57 and not 47. If the age rule is going to change, than it's going to be good for some and bad for others, regardless of when it changes. To be p!ssed at us older guys for being in the right place at the right time, stinks. It would be sort of like being p!ssed at your neighbor for winning the lottery. Personally, I didn't petition for the rule change, nor did I join any group or support any group that did. Like us all, I'm a bystander in this event. If it passes and I get to again fly as a captain, so be it. If it doesn't, same thing. In either case, don't attack me, because I had nothing to do with it. As for lightening up, I believe I've only posted two or three posts on this thread, but if the shoe fits.... And by the way, I might have a guilty conscience, but it's not about anything I've said or done here.