View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Mostly because all of those companies are state supported....

They are still ugly, and I wouldn't be caught dead in one.
Who the crap cares about aircraft type? Are you that childish? Is this a NASCAR race where we're cheering for a chevy or a ford? Airbus, Boeing.... we fly them and get paid.

None of this changes the fact that we actively codeshare with these carriers. They are flying people that bought tickets from the company that employs us. I didn't like flying the 737, but you don't see me making statements that I'd never get caught dead flying it. This is not about an airplane type- this is about scope. We are rapidly parking 25% of our largest fleet type with no replacement on property (apparently the 333IGW will be the capacity replacement when it gets here via reading between the lines), while our codeshare partners expand their "premium" fleets.

You don't care about small end scope, and I get that since it is mostly self mitigating at this point in time (the pendulum will swing the other way). However, this is top end jobs at DL being whisked away actively. Korean Air believes they should be doing all the Pacific flying. You've heard RA say that at the meetings.

So... where do we go from here? You constantly harp on hopey changey stuff yet you have presented so few ideas of your own- just mostly insults to others. Let's hear it, t. What can we do with the dynamics of the last few days other than ride the wave?