View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Who the crap cares about aircraft type? Are you that childish? Is this a NASCAR race where we're cheering for a chevy or a ford? Airbus, Boeing.... we fly them and get paid.

None of this changes the fact that we actively codeshare with these carriers. They are flying people that bought tickets from the company that employs us. I didn't like flying the 737, but you don't see me making statements that I'd never get caught dead flying it. This is not about an airplane type- this is about scope. We are rapidly parking 25% of our largest fleet type with no replacement on property (apparently the 333IGW will be the capacity replacement when it gets here via reading between the lines), while our codeshare partners expand their "premium" fleets.

You don't care about small end scope, and I get that since it is mostly self mitigating at this point in time (the pendulum will swing the other way). However, this is top end jobs at DL being whisked away actively. Korean Air believes they should be doing all the Pacific flying. You've heard RA say that at the meetings.

So... where do we go from here? You constantly harp on hopey changey stuff yet you have presented so few ideas of your own- just mostly insults to others. Let's hear it, t. What can we do with the dynamics of the last few days other than ride the wave?
You should tell the KLM and AF guys about expanding their premium fleets. They did not get the word. The KLM guys are so misinformed they believe the company suddenly decided to park all their MD11's/747 combi's years ahead of schedule and below is a bit about AF. The last MD11 flight is this fall.

""Air France earlier this week announced 2,800 additional job cuts in 2014, which now will total nearly 8,000 positions eliminated once the Transform 2015 recovery program, that announced 5,100 job cuts in 2011, is fully implemented. The carrier has also deferred two A380 deliveries to 2016 or beyond, and announced that it will phase out the Boeing 747 fleet beginning in 2016, four years earlier than expected, for both passenger and freighter models. The 747-400s will be replaced by more efficient twin engine A350 and 777 models in the Air France fleet.""

I believe the above news has changed again and they plan on all the 747 being gone by 2016. Here is a link on the future of the 747. I hate to see them leave however Delta marketing is far from alone on parking the airframes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/bu...o-the-747.html

Last edited by sailingfun; 08-02-2014 at 04:43 AM.