View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
We have all known for the last 3 years that our joint venture scope will be violated, and that the company has never had any intention of honoring it. ALPA has put out numerous publications showing that the company will probably violate it, but nothing can be done until the violation occurs. Now it is even more certain than before that this scope will get violated. What happens when it does?
Since the number of flights is about 2.5 flights a day they have lacked to be in compliance it almost certainly would have to be handled under the grievance process. What we ask for in return is the issue. I don't think there is a real way to figure out damages on a individual basis. I would like to see us ask for a raise equal to the lost salary and a penalty of say 3% on top of that for all pilots to insure future compliance by the company. Probably be about a 3.25% raise.
I would also like to see the arbitrator attach a higher penalty via a additional raise if they do not come into compliance in the next 36 month cycle.
Note: not sure if the above is within the arbitration rules but I hope so.