View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:45 AM
Oberon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Since the number of flights is about 2.5 flights a day they have lacked to be in compliance it almost certainly would have to be handled under the grievance process. What we ask for in return is the issue. I don't think there is a real way to figure out damages on a individual basis. I would like to see us ask for a raise equal to the lost salary and a penalty of say 3% on top of that for all pilots to insure future compliance by the company. Probably be about a 3.25% raise.
I would also like to see the arbitrator attach a higher penalty via a additional raise if they do not come into compliance in the next 36 month cycle.
Note: not sure if the above is within the arbitration rules but I hope so.
I like the idea of staffing for the flying whether or not the flights are flown. That fixes the problem going forward. The past infractions can be monetized since you can't retroactively staff.

I think this is achievable in the negotiation/grievance process. Carl mentioned ending the JV but I doubt an arbitrator would force the company to stop commerce. The punishment doesn't fit the crime and it doesn't even really help Delta pilots.