View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Schwanker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
What you and I consider a concession, was not universally viewed that way Jerry. You have some very good points, but you tend to paint with a really broad brush which at times diminishes your message... imho. There are some pilots that would have liked those things. My contention with them was that I firmly believe they are unsafe. Period. The productivity crowd loved them because it was 9 days of work a month. I just don't believe there was any way to protect those that did not want to do them.

One man's trash and all that.
I'm with you and was completely against the CDOs. I have a huge problem with the process as well. CDOs were thrown in without any feedback from the pilot group. The TA allowed for some very lengthy block times on this. Talking with the regional guys who do these regularly (and like them), they say anything greater than 45-50 minute flight times (1:10 block or so) becomes very exhausting. Somehow we negotiated for 2:30 blocks (ok, shooting from memory cuz I'm too lazy to look it up). This was unbelievable.