Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Flying Elvis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Utah Chapter

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
Dead serious. I read back a few pages in this thread and saw a few posts concerning when the window opened or will open. I also see the "Work Here" section on the JetBlue website and clicked on FO Opportunities, but I was wondering if this is where we apply or do they use airlineapps also? I literally just found out my separation from the military was approved and have started submitting apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brother, you are behind. Very behind.

If you're serious about this, it's recoverable, but it's going to take serious effort. Hopefully you're current and high hours, because that's one thing you can't fix in a week.

In the next DAYS, you need to:

1. Get the short-notice apps done. JB will only be open a short time, and though they talk a big game about being veteran friendly, don't expect favors.
2. Get recs - recs are worth picking up the beers next time you visit. Short-notice recs are worth much more. Pay generously for those buds who are willing to take time to make your lack of preparation their personal urgency. Then pay back when you find another bud who is in a similar situation in the future.
3. If you have reservists/guardsmen in your unit, find the various airline reps, and get some mentoring. Same ROE for #2 applies here.
4. Get the other apps done. Use your mentors to figure out how to target them appropriately. Keep them updated.
5. Find the next Emerald Coast seminar and go.

Staking your future on a 1' floor save is a gutsy move, but you're not the first. If you've got the drive, you can make it happen.