View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Default Jetblue vs Spirit

I'd like to hear some opinions on Jetblue vs Spirit for a career destination (if you had the offer from both). For me, both have Domiciles that work. FLL, LAS, or LGB. I have lived in all 3 and could be happy in any of those.. So long as they stay open. Preferably FLL due to the taxes and much lower cost of living than CA. I want nothing to do with the North East anymore, at least not long term.

We all know the pay rates. Those are posted. Jetblue 320 hourly pay is quite a bit higher, especially on the FO side, (for now).. Yet the Spirit Upgrade will probably be quicker with so much growth (currently).

I'd like to see comparisons of QOL/reserve/soft pay/medical/movement/retirements/merger potential/long term stability predictions.. etc

From riding jumpseats it seems you would be treated better at Jetblue.. And I like the product and excellent customer service. Yet the Spirit model makes money.. And will probably continue to make money due to the Walmart mentality and never ending supply of cheapskates. I don't particularly like the way they do things or treat passengers but their model makes money, no argument there.. And in the end I do want stability.

Just wondering what you guys think..