View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
Of course I wouldn't turn down a legacy. Being realistic, My chances of being hired at Delta currently are slim to none. Not a military, check airman, chief pilot, astronaut. Plus the arrogance over their isn't something I particularly want to deal with. I do transcon commutes on them regularly and have never been treated worse on any airline. As soon as they find out I'm not military it's 5 hours of isolation. Or when I ask about hiring the jackasses say their regionals are hiring and I should go there. ***? The last CA said "I heard you guys are going out of business soon since you voted down that TA" and laughed. I wanted to punch his face in.. Of course not Everyone there is like this, there are some great guys there that have treated me very well.. But this isn't an anomaly.. Its a trend over there and many many of my co-workers say the same thing. I don't know why getting hired over there turns guys into arrogant jerkoffs but it seems to do that. Plus all their bases besides super senior LAX are not desirable for me.

AA well, I work for them now so they won't really hire Eagle guys unless you are military, ethnically diverse/female or your dad was in a 9/11 plane. It is what it is. Just have our flow through eventually one day. Maybe. Which is certainly not a guarantee.

United? Shaky financials.. Prefer Jetblue and Spirit domiciles.. I'm going to the FFD job fair so we'll see how that goes.

USair was the only Legacy really regularly hiring normal line guys, now AA took over so thats done.

Spirit and Jetblue are my best shot at getting out of regional hell right now and I would probably be happy at either long term. I don't care about the airplane size. I care far more about living in base some place warm with good QOL and days off. 1/2/3 day trips are ideal for me. I don't want long 4+ day trips if I can avoid them. Also I care about working for a company that treats people like humans and not indentured servants. Another thing, it would be nice to work with a good group of people my own age for once. I've spent the majority of my flying career working with people 25-30 years older with grandkids. It's not horrible but its just a huge cultural gap that makes the job less fun. Working with younger fun crews just won't happen at legacy's.
Please tell me you don't have a problem with them giving preferential treatment to someone who lost their Dad on 9/11. Christ dude, have a heart......

I hear ya on everything else though

Also, I wouldn't worry about United financials. They just posted record profits and at this point they are just way too big to fail......

That's also what kinda worries me, nobody would bat an eye if Spirit goes BK & liquidates, certainly not the case with the legacies.......