Thread: Best Options?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by phil squares
One other thing about SQ is generally speaking the hotels are very nice, great locations. For example on this next trip, it's a short layover in ICN (18 hours at the Hilton) the ANC 30 hours (Hilton) then it's to ORD (60 hours downtown) then to BRU (72 hours downtown) then BOM (24 hours at new hotel however it is 5 star from other crews old hotel was Renissance Convention Center).

I know talking to some friends I have at EK, they don't really have it that good as far as layover hotels are concerned. However, I will give ALPA-S credit for doing a good job with hotels. The only real "problem" hotel we have is in NYC and I don't think we'll be there much longer.
I'd have to go back to my theory of relativity on this one as well Phil. If you've stayed at as many no-tell motels as the typical major airline pilot in the States than the standard of hotel at EK is far better. I'm sitting in the Carlton in Singapore right now ( I'd ask you out for a beer, but I got food poisoning from La Pau Set yesterday and I'm still recovering ). I don't doubt that Singapore's standards are good, but I have no problem with most EK hotels. Nairobi needs to be changed, but when I get the one bedroom villa at a resort in Mauritius I don't find myself saying, "gee, I wish I was back at the good ole Airways motel in Buffalo". They did have good wings to make up for the paper thin walls though .

TP