View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:25 AM
SkyBN
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Career Move- need advice ASAP

I am a full-time flight instructor who is married (no kids) and I was wondering what my best options would be. My background is:

1000TT
80 multi (54 PIC multi)
80 hours instrument

So I am torn between the choices that I have.

Option 1: stay as a flight instructor for approximately 8 more months and move to a Regional carrier. Now it's valid to say that I hate flight instructing at my current flight school due to poor management and leadership. My life is pretty miserable there but I make close to 25$/hour.

Option 2: go to Cape Air as a FO, making 9$/hour, until I get my 1,500 hours then become a Captain making 15$ hour. The issue of being placed randomly at bases scare me when I'm only making barely minimum wage. But I have talked to many pilots from Cape Air and they all recommend it. The. After the required 1 1/2 at Cape Air I'd move on to a Regional Carrier.

Option 3: Go to Planesense (part 91k) flying the SEL TURBINE PC-12 initially making $34k as an FO ( after the 6-month evaluation) then stay with them for the minimum required 3 years ( rumor) then go to a Regional. Or I could just simply stay with them for the rest of my career since they just purchased 6 orders of the twin versatile jet, PC-24.

I am looking for a good future and good QOL. I highly appreciate any comments and advices. Thanks