View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Flying Elvis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Utah Chapter

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
I would normally agree with this statement but all the growth will
Be in on the 320 ... If I were a new guy I would NOT bid the 190 ... Sure some 190 guys are gonna bid to the airbus but not to equal the amount of airbus' see have coming . Buddy of mine is on the 190 recent hire and has movement compared to pals in the airbus .... Truly ask someone before you place your bid.... It used to be simple yes the 190 always better line and life, I would say with no more orders for the 190's that isn't the case anymore .

Choose wisely, plus I need more 320 guys sent to JFK and Fll..... That's were the cool kids go.
+1 on this. My 7 months on the A320 at JB BOS in a nutshell:

6 weeks reserve (2 after IOE, and the following month)
Move-up line.
Hybrid line.
Line, Line, Line (15-19 days off, ~80-85 hrs credit).

During those three last months, I worked zero Saturdays and only one Sunday, which was a late report. Granted, it was before the summer hit, but that kind of schedule combined with driving to work and flying with great folks made it very tough to leave.

Airbus is NOT that hard to learn - it's the FMS, Blueisms, and 121 stuff for those of us "mil-specs" who've never done it before that jolt the system. And that's the same whether you end up flying Frenchy or Barbie.

The airplane part of it is pretty straightforward. The Bus still talks airplane, just with a different accent.

I wouldn't be afraid of leBus, and definitely not if you've got prior 121, and especially glass experience.