Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

Originally Posted by NYCPiLoT757 View Post
Thats what I expect would happen with me. I have an interview with PSA and Envoy coming up. Im just dreading the pay. I don't know how I am going to do it but I guess I have no choice. If you don't mind me asking, which regional did you go with?
Envoy. I live 10 miles from the training center so it was less impact on the family. Bid ORD out of training and got it starting in Sept. NYC reserve until then. I was already typed in the CL65 so there was no way I could stretch training - aside from landing sideways. Plus, I'm just not the kind of guy that will fly poorly on purpose. Speed of completion was also a concern. Interview to class date here was 9 days. Pay is exactly what you think it is - dismal.

Was just shy of six figures at Flightsafety but without recency of experience this was the only way to get back into flying. FSI changed drastically in the last two years and became really miserable (I was a program manager and my position was eliminated. To go to another aircraft program they wanted me to sign a two year contract as well). Even my corporate contacts said no without the recency - I'm also typed in the Challenger 604 and Gulfstream IV.