View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Wynncore
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
Some positives? I only heard one positive: no bankruptcy in the works.

That, and the fact that our performance (both sides) is vastly improved. XJT (both sides) will eventually shrink as you said in a post just recently, yet as several people mentioned there is a chance, and I think a pretty good one, that some non XR aircraft will be extended as UAL realizes "oh yeah, I guess we can't replace that flying..." for a least a few more months and then we'll shrink down to all XR's and eventually E 175s where the Delta side (depending on the implosion of 9E) sheds more, but not all CR2s and adds CR7 and CR9s (I hope).

I got from the call, and as you pointed out, that SKYW is finally growing a pair and will soon knock on Jeff and Richard's door saying, "Time to pay us what is fair, if not, find somebody else to do it for less...oh wait, there isn't anyone...your choice, lose the flying or break out the checkbook." Like I've always said, our size is our leverage. Mesa, G7 etc can only take but so much. The days of our mainline partners are making billions (pre tax) off OUR BACKS and not giving anything back for our troubles will hopefully be over soon.