View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Shroth

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: 756 FO

I find it funny when some of my peers, age 30-40 are so anti-scab considering that they were in Kindergarten when the strike happened.

I also find it funny that a lot of them are anti-scab when they were the ones that paid for their training at a lot of the regional airlines in the 1990s. That was like being a modern day scab to me. It hurt the industry and profession just as bad.

I don't care about either item above. I have friends that are very anti-scab and some that paid for their jobs at regionals. I don't hold it against them, you do what you feel you have to do and the world continues. I on the other hand am not anti-scab and I suffered a but through American Eagle so I didn't have to pay for a job. Yes, I will go have dinner with scabs and I don't mind flying with them. It's over.....

For those of you that are paired with a scab and don't want to talk with them for a whole flight or whole trip, go for it. If you want to spend your career upset feel free to, you have that right. But I will be enjoying my trips, enjoying conversation and some free meals and drinks once in a while on the overnight.

In conclusion, don't even talk about it. Talk is cheap. If we ever have a strike, let's see who crosses the line. Then talk about it. Most of you will be amazed at who crosses.

I am Sean Roth, IAH 756 FO and I approved this message.