Thread: The useful Envoy thread

air101 , 08-08-2014 01:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off
air101
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2014
Quote: Envoy and the regional model is about to fail. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is in for a hard ride. Simple as that! The less than 70-90 seat market is not competitive.

Richard Anderson, Delta CEO is on CNN Money today and stated, "Well we're going through a massive transformation right now at Delta and we're turning Delta back into a mainline airline, what that means is we're upgaging the fleet, and we're growing the mainline airline, which is airplanes flown and operated by Delta employees, and dramatically reducing the connection operation, rather than what has happened in this industry in the last 25 years which is we've put too many people on 50 seat jets for 1000 miles." Why - Economics of the airplane, customer expectations, and market we would have served with 10 50 seats replace with 6 of a larger airplane.

With fewest canceled flights, Delta wins best title - Aug. 8, 2014

The DOT transportation statistics bear this out. Mainlines are moving their operation BACK to mainline and away from regional flying. Majors know they can't get enough pilots (at regionals), they know they can't keep paying these rates, they know they can't control the regionals as they begin to fail and they recognize that there is more efficiency and dependability (less moving parts so to speak) in a mainline only operation...

Listen for yourself. That's why I posted the link. Watch the video for the comments --- not in the text version below the video. Richard Quest interviewing Richard Anderson at Hartsfield in ATL.

Also, I think ALPA knows and wants the exact same thing!!! and so should you. UNTIL this happens, we will not be in the type of paid profession we all spent a lot of money and sweat to get to. The sooner this happens, in my humble opinion, the better!

Why Delta and why now...Anderson's the best CEO an airline has seen in decades...Most Delta pilots will tell you that. Delta and its employees making money hand over fist, he's monetized almost everything... Delta is leading the pack...watch what they are doing (and their related feed) --- (wonder why SkyWest is getting rid of 155 CRJ-200 airplanes in the next 18 months....now you know).

AA (and AE) has traditionally been last to embrace change...but my bet with this merger is they do it sooner than later to try to not fall too far behind Delta (as right after mergers a company is best positioned to benefit)...

And yes, I'm an Eagle/Envoy pilot not a Delta or XJet plant hovering in this chat room!
SkyWest is NOT getting rid of 155 CRJ200's... they are losing 4 this year, and 22 next year... the majority of those aircraft coming off contract are E145s and fly for United.

Get your facts straight.