Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Panzon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
The panhandlers sometimes have an excuse. This clown has no shame or self-respect, and is furthermore totally oblivious to people out there who have truly unfortunate circumstances.

If somebody on a hiring board remembers his name, this could cost him more than $50K in the long run. One can only hope.
I think I understand your perspective. Prior to becoming a pilot I was a hiring manager at a Fortune 100 company. I'd have strong reservations about hiring a person who a) claims to be a college graduate but can barely write, and b) used an internet begging campaign to defray his college expenses.

His inability to write means that an employer would have to invest in training him the basics of English, and if he graduated without learning basic English I would be likely to assume he didn't learn a great many others things that an employer would need to train him for. [Also, his writing does not reflect well on the university he attended or on its recent graduates.]

The fact that he thinks it's OK to beg from others to pay bills he knowingly incurred would make me wonder whether he had realistic expectations of the company. It also makes me wonder about his judgment: if he thinks it's OK to beg others to pay his school costs what else does he think is OK? Beg customers to buy his lunch, pay his rent, or fix his car, maybe?

He may be a great guy, as an earlier post indicates, but I think he has made some significant mistakes. Let's hope he takes ownership of his financial obligations and let's hope he takes a remedial English class before he ruins his reputation.