Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Bravix
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Need Advice - Comparing Offers-Express/Envoy

Before I start, let me say that I browsed through quite a bit of the ExpressJet and Envoy(Eagle) threads and still feel it is necessary to make this post in order to get the information/opinions I need.

I'm currently entering my senior year at a university as part of its flight program. We currently have arrangements with Envoy, ExpressJet, and Skywest.

I've been more interested in, and been comparing, Envoy and ExpressJet. From my admittedly basic understanding of the nature of the two airlines, I lean more towards wanting to fly with ExpressJet. However, Envoy's offer is far more enticing.

Currently, ExpressJet offers a 'guaranteed' job to graduates of our university (upon reaching 1000 hours of course).

Envoy, on the other hand, does offer a 'guaranteed' job. However, they also are offering a $10,000 signing bonus, which is something I don't believe ExpressJet is offering at any value amount. Envoy is also offering full benefits while flight instructing at the University (or one of their other approved flight schools). This ranges from health benefits to flight benefits.

I'll be flying down to Atlanta with others this upcoming week to do a tour of the ExpressJet and Delta facilities there, along with informational sessions and what not over a two day time span.

Looking for some input. Envoy's recent issues makes me rather hesitant to run over and sign up, but those incentives are quite effective.