Thread: S5 ATL base
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

Originally Posted by John Pennekamp View Post
FWIW, I was specifically referring to the airport and its employees. Like the one at Chick-Fil-A who told me "Aint got no chicken" when I ordered a sandwich. True story, and occurring daily.

And EXACTLY WHAT is "you people" supposed to mean?!!

If you really want to get into it, I think Atlanta as a city is THE MOST bigoted city I've ever lived in. In the big cities up north, people tend to be much more colorblind. People rarely think about or care what race others are, myself included. In Atlanta, race is an in-your-face issue in EVERYTHING and the African Americans are the ones making it an issue. Take a look at Mayor Jackson's (the namesake of ATL airport) affirmative action laws if you don't believe me. They are 100% REVERSE DISCRIMINATION. But I guess that's ok, when the majority of the population, the entire city council and the mayor are from the same race, right?

I had NEVER been called a "cracker" until I moved to Atlanta.

I would submit that you, sir, are the bigoted one. I'd love to know why the Afircan American community allows this after everything their people have suffered through. Reverse discrimination is not equal to reparations, and two wrongs do not make a right.
Of cpurse it is. Its the south, uhhh not even 50 years ago we had a thing called Jim Crowe. My mom and dad who are still alive lived in that era. My sister lived in that era. SO, its still vry much a part of who they are.

And please dont think up north is even better. They just arentin your fae about it. At least down inthe south I know who the racist are. They fly the rebel flagas and are ptroud of it. Up north, they shake your hand and smile at you and once youturn your back,they stab youin it.

Dint get me wrong.I gre up in the military. Il ove all people, but I also live in a world of reality.

Yes, Atlanta is pro black. Why? Because of attitudes like yours and comments I have rad on this board. Stereotypes.