View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 12:32 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

YYESIAV8

Would those be the same R days the contact says dropping or moving won't be unreasonably denied? As best I can tell, seems like the company has decided dropping or moving R days is an unreasonable request and should expect to be denied.

Unless those miscreants are doing NO FedEx work, think of it more as becoming voluntary R days as they accomplish makeup trips elsewhere in the month.

It's not as if FedEx Mil Leave is a paid leave, as it is in some other Fortune 500 companies.

And for those PO'd at the company and advocating last minute calls to the DO. Only people really impacted are the crewdawgs waiting at the trip folder.

30 days is way too much, every mil guy has had the experience of orders being cancelled as plans do, occasionally, change. When I played, tried to play it straight. As much notice as was reasonable, with the intent to work around my FedEx schedule as much as possible.

And as someone who sat through EEO 2000, no right thinking individual would ever schedule himself for that. Dec 23rd or not. With no inside knowledge, my guess would be Steve Canyon dodged it for as long as possible until the Wing King made a proclamation from on high that all the little squares must be filled and You Will show up for this class.

And, I have tons of friends who've been repeatedly deployed to less than stellar locations for Birthdays, Christmas, Births, etc. So absolutely no heartburn on my part for someone who sacrificed the 246 hours of eye and ear pain to listen to the sexual harassment PPT show and be home for Christmas....having sacrificed International Pay and a large CH trip