View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 AM
shiznit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: right for a long, long time

Originally Posted by DALMD88FO View Post
I didn't theorize anything. I'm very involved with my rep and have always been. I had to go back to many people and apologize because the 4833 leaked and I said that there was no way that would be put in front of us. I called my rep and he said the same thing. Then he had to come back to me and explain that yes it was indeed true and that there was serious debate because the contract did not meet the goals of the pilots that elected him. I even had a very long discussion with HK the lead negotiator for us. I've known him since almost my first day at Delta, after an hour we just agreed to talk about our families.

You like to throw around statements like "so fooled" I never said that you did. What I did say is that the contract did not meet the requirements of the pilots via their reps, however the negotiators felt that this was the absolute best that they could get without a drawn out section 6 which could possibly cost us the 717's and the credit for letting them get rid of the RJ's.

I try not to get involved with these threads as there are rabid opinions on both sides. I'm done with this one. I will continue to contact my rep and I will vote accordingly, which may not be how he voted.
Fair enough, I'm done too on the subject.

Needless to say this next round has a different industry/company environment and in a VERY beneficial way for our side of the table. Thank you for staying active, participating and engaging your reps; pilot particpation and the unity that comes from that engagement is the best way to hit our goals. It's the ones who have extracted themselves and/or that are fomenting disunity that reduce our leverage and ultimately lower our chances of success.