Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
The problem with this (and I'm not saying that you're not being genuine) is that everyone says this at an interview. So, I think they're playing the game of trying not to get burned. I had a buddy apply last time around, I pulled strings, did the LOR thing, he was very appreciative. Lives in FL and was swearing that "Yes, this is my last airline." He starts class at American next week. Not only did jetBlue feel like they got the wool pulled over their eyes, *I* felt like I'd been kicked in the teeth. So, now even I'm wary about attaching my name to guys that might bail in less than a year. This guy was barely here 6 months.....
Several pilots that interviewed with me at the end of FEB waited four months before getting the TBNT letter in phase II. All were former military with recency issues. Two have recently started at American (despite perceived recency issues). They both vehemently claimed that JB was their first choice, they preferred to go there over a legacy, and would have stayed. But, a bird in the hand...