View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Smurf97
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Test prep

Took it and passed...the questions posted earlier in this thread are still being asked (i.e. Centerline light colors, etc.) so know those answers. Here's my attempt to pay it forward and expand the gouge!
Additional questions that I don't remember seeing on the other list...

1. What is washout? (Something about wing roots stalling first I think?)
2. What is a severe squall? (Def: wind speed for certain duration--20kts/1 min?)
3. Weather symbols--mod icing, turb
4. 2-3 questions on SLOP (answers: it's pilot's discretion, and 0,1,2 miles right (not left). Answers included "1 or 2 mi right", "0,1,2mi rt" and "1 or 2 mi left"
5. 1 descent planning question...I.e. Figure out the VVI given a distance to descend and speed)
6. What is min CAT II or III RVR
7. Cloud types (lenticular=turbs)
8. Temp dev calculation
9. Ops specs can change mins...they ask this by telling you that your ops specs specify higher mins, then refer you to an approach plate and asking what the mins mean to you? Answer I chose was something something like "info only" (but I may be wrong!)
10. Question about broken equip b4 flight--refer to what? CDL or MEL
11. Holding speed question
12. Rain on windscreen illusion--higher than actual
13. Can't remember the question, but something about restricted vis due to ice fog (vs. whiteout)
14. Outboard ailerons used for? High speed, low speed, or both were answers
15. Something about Cloud thickness likely to produce heavy precip

I'll post more if I think of any...had to blast through the test pretty quick, so couldn't remember many details.

Def would help to have a few buds helping out with Google and the FAA weather circular and weather handbook. Lots and lots of weather questions. Also, I took the ATP written not too long ago, and seemed like lots of questions verbatim from the bank (Sheppard version). If you know anyone with the ATP question bank, that's a great thing to review. Hopefully this post will help some others remember a few that they saw as well and the gouge will stay current and maybe even get more complete so NOBODY fails if they're willing to dig through 900 pages of this thread! Good luck!

Last edited by Smurf97; 08-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.