View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by bruin725 View Post
Hey everyone long time listener first time caller....

I interviewed this past week. The experience is almost identical to previous posts on this thread. Everyone there is very laid back and was extremely good at putting us all at ease. I was with 11 other guys that far exceeded me in flight time, experience and good stories so it was an honor to just be in the room with them. It seemed everyone had an internal rec in the group so those are clearly getting put on the top of the application stack.

My tech was 30 mins; of which the first 20 were spent talking about regional life, background, etc... And was very conversational. There were still lots of questions fit in, including lots of runway signs & lighting, what happens to V1 on a short runway (reduced), GPS approach chart questions (wheres the FAF, brief the approach as if you were at your current job). Also there was lots of focus on Prog Charts.....I would know those pretty much cold if you interview here. They're tailoring the tech portion to your previous experience. I by no means was perfect on any of the above but was told I did well and off I went.

The Panel Interview:

Questions included: Why atlas? Talk about yourself, how will you and your family adjust to schedules?, give me a brief you would give before departure keeping in mind CRM (that one caught me off guard), whats one thing you learned from the presentation we showed you this morning?, what do you like to do in your time off?, resume questions about particulars, any training failures / violations etc.. Everyone was great and gave lots of positive reinforcement when I was talking.

We had several pilots in the building for training stop by the room and candidly say they really liked it here despite the current issues between the union and company. There was talk of classes including today (8/12) for the 74 and the 18th (767) as well as a couple in Sept. Denise mentioned that after the Monday class that it would be a few months before another 74 class.

Thank you to everyone who's posted anything here whether it be good or bad, it helped tremendously in my preparation for this day. I was lucky enough to just get an email and was placed in the hiring pool. Hopefully I'll see you guys in training soon.

5,000 TT
500PIC (0 Turbine)
7 years at regional
1 inernal rec.
Congrats! I agree that this is a good place to work, regardless of our current issues. Most of us know it could be much, much worse.

I would also expect most people hired for the foreseeable future to go to the 767, so it's good to see HR is thinking that too. It's a good fleet... Good crews, decent flying. Pay could be better, but we won't rehash that now.