Thread: DAL Poolie Info
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
Buy the cheap laptop. You'll be a salty line holder long before you ever get the EFB.
I also wouldn't mix personal and business use on a Delta device. We just reached a TA with the Company on some tracking/privacy protections. Even without having read the fine print, I think it's still a very bad idea to use something that belongs to Delta IT for personal business. Maybe I'm paranoid, but having an agreement they won't turn on certain features isn't nearly as good as making sure they can't.

Also, I don't want to be unable to access charts on a dark and stormy night because I installed Norton, and it doesn't like Jeppesen (for example). Conversely, I don't want to go banking on the road, and trusting Delta IT to have properly protected the tablet.

So the question might become whether you want to lug around a laptop and an EFB. I have my own Surface Pro. It won't even run the PBS desktop app, and it's an imperfect device. I'm also not really looking forward to having two devices to carry as the price to pay for my mistrust, but that's the call I'm making.