View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Learflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

The two are world of differences apart. If you want to go frac, you need to be VERY flexible. The night before your sched can have you ending up in MDW. Thinking thats going to hold you call Aunt Bea and tell her you will be in town and will visit. Overnight the third shift comes in and pulls the bottom card out of the deck and the whole sched changes.

At the airlines when the flight is sched to leave at 10:17....it leaves at 10:17. In the frac world your pax may be an hour late. Won't tell you until they are an hour late. You need to wait for them meanwhile the catering is getting warm (or cold) and everything is up to you.

Broken plane? At the frac you will probably have another company plane nearby and you will be told to preflight, refile, move bags over , move catering over to the new plane all the while having to baby sit ****ed off pax and write up the broken plane. Airlines? you sit at the gate with the door shut until its either fixed or it is time to move to another tail.....but with lots of help from gate agents/ground personnel etc.

Food? Well I must say it is better in the corp/frac world than the airlines. Nice crew meals if needed. Nice pax catering to pick from when they leave.

Me personally I'm ready for the airlines. I've been doing charter my whole career and can't stand some of the non-flying horse pocky that goes on anymore.