View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by georgetg View Post
You can only "grieve" or "monetize" the difference between actual EASKs (right now 46.8%) and the lower PWA limit of 48.5%. That's not really great.

With MOU 14, the SME expected us to gain 6-7 daily roundtrips by the end of the agreement.

I would much rather see an effort to make it right and have Delta pilots gain additional wide body flying, than to somehow monetize the difference between actual and the lower limit...

To me, the opportunity is to have the company live up to the standards it has been claiming in public. Honesty integrity Respect.
It starts by keeping promises made and making it right.

YMMV

Cheers
George
I don't disagree George, but you're making an assumption that the company wants to live up to the contract they signed. They do not. In fact, they are purposely breaking it to see if we have the guts to defend our language. For some reason, the company wants to find this out, and in my opinion, they want the pilots to see it as well. They want us to see that our contract is their for us only when management says it's there for us. Whether we will stand up to them is an open question.

Carl