Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

TeddyKGB , 08-20-2014 05:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off
TeddyKGB
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2010
  • Position
    7er
Quote: You're sure about that? I've played around with the numbers on that quite a bit. Even did a little exercise at the end of last year where I estimated the number of passengers I carried for the year and divided by my total compensation. My cost last year was $2.98 per passenger.

So let's assume the total cost per passenger for the average Delta cockpit is $6. The 50% pay increase we'd need right now for full restoration would be an additional $3 per passenger. Delta had no trouble inventing $25 bag fees out of thin air and collecting them. You're telling me they can't figure out a way to net an additional $3 per passenger (whether through revenue increases, cost cuts in other areas, or some combination) and be able to cover the cost of fully restoring our pay? If they could net the additional $3, full restoration of our pay would have ZERO effect on profits.
It's easier said then done. Delta can't just magically pull $3 per passenger out of thin air. If they could, they would, and our profits would be even larger. Deltas main obligation is to the share holders, not the pilots. I'm all for getting the biggest raises we can but full restoration is not going to happen. Continued pattern bargaining is what is going to happen and that you can bank on 88. How do you expect a radical change to our PWA when it's mostly industry leading already?