View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Piper877
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
Pretty cool, considering that CID is 6nm from where I grew up and exactly where I would like to relocate someday. Thanks for the info!

Yeah that'd work out great for you and the company. I'm pretty sure I saw a listing for crew there at some point, but I think it was filled, or they decided to use floaters to fill it. Wouldn't hurt to apply through our website and see if you get a call. We're also maintaining a database of qualified candidates for future expansion or new runs. We do have the issue of people getting their time in and moving on...mostly to the majors. We lost 3 Caravan guy to JetBlue as an example. They were all previous jet crew, so it didn't come as a huge surprise, but on the ATR side, you can get your multi turbine PIC in a couple years. I'm just too happy with the schedule and company and QOL to go to the ATR or jump ship. You can choose your own adventure.

@SatPak: I wish I could help you more with Empire bases, but I just really don't know about their operations. They do start at higher pay, but typically our ATR locations are much less expensive to live than, say Seattle, which they have a domicile. Down in North Carolina, or out in Iowa or Minnesota, or even the Memphis area I think would be much less costly than a lot of those West Coast places. Wish I could be more helpful, but you should come work for us anyway.