View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
I'm currently flying Cessna 206's at a local drop zone on the weekend. However, it not a paid job, just time building. It's keeping me current, which before it I hadn't flown in 4 months, so I can't really complain, but I have been in between paying jobs since June, so I need to find some job that will pay.

I have added 100hours since June, all of which is in the 206. But even drop zones that need people and fly 206's said they need 500hrs min.

I have experience in warbirds as well, so I have a broad base of flight experience. I'm at 359hrs currently
It is called 'bartering', but at least when I did the same thing as you are doing - they offered $10/load or free skydiving lessons (this was in '89 though - seems a century ago ) flight time has its' own value of course and is considered compensation by the FAA if I have read and understood some of the different posts here on APC concerning this practice.

The last bolded part though - - well........at 359 hours of TT - you really don't have a broad base of experience in anything yet.