Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 PM
logic1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CL-65 CA

Originally Posted by FlyingPig105 View Post
Here's a dose of reality...Regional pay will NEVER EVER be at a rate good enough to make this vitriol, anger and frustration felt by the Regional pilot subside....NEVER! No amount of contract killing votes or the boycotting of applying at "bottomfeeders" will change anything!

The Regionals exist because of low labor costs...Period! For that, you can blame the Legacies who are addicted to this system like a crack wh0re with no teeth!

For the aviator looking to fulfill his dream of commercial airline flying it's the only game in town...unless you're one of the fortunate ones flying Uncle Sam's vast array of bad a$$ toys.

So...guys choose to go to the regional airline that gets them the one thing that they need to GTFO ASAP...TPIC. Right now that happens to be at JO's crib. He's throwing out quick upgrade party favors like a naked, lipstick covered frat guy high on Jaegermeister and X!

If someone's ultimate goal is to make it to a Major, then I wouldn't blame them for tolerating lower than average pay to get there quicker.
I would love this to not be true, but I think this is spot on.